MAKING A DIFFERENCE
Because of the generosity of so many people in this community, in 2017 the Bill Sugra Memorial Fund will be able to distribute $85,750 to honor Bill’s memory to the following organizations:
We are continuing our matching scholarship with IUP for a needy student - Bill attended Indiana University of Pennsylvania and truly loved the education that he received there. There is a memorial to 3 students who graduated from IUP who were tragically killed at the World Trade Center.
CARING FOR CHILDREN
Programs essential to the health, welfare and educational needs of children in our community.
CARING FOR THOSE LESS FORTUNATE
Ensuring that people who need help with the basic essentials of life are given every opportunity.
CARING FOR THOSE WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
Providing support and access to care for those with special needs.
- Mercy Special Learning Center - Providing financial aid for the students to support their Scholarship/Tuition Assistance Program.
- The Pediatric Cancer Foundation of the Lehigh Valley, Inc - Camp Smile will be a free , full-week of fun, friendship, learning, and love in an effort to truly serve our community of children and their families.
- Center for Vision Loss - Supporting a new program to provide information about vision health to Hispanic Adults.
- Miracle League of the Lehigh Valley - Funding for helping children with special needs.
- Dream Come True - Supporting the dream fulfillment project for children diagnosed with a life altering illness.
- LifePath - Providing funds for a generator to a residential facility that is home to 31 medically fragile and technologically dependent children and younger adults between the ages of 18 months through 34 years of age.
- Equi-librium - Helping to fund physical therapy programs to serve children with cerebral palsy, muscular spinal atrophy or brain tumors.
- Eastern Pennsylvani Down Syndrome Center - Providing funding to help equip families and individuals influenced by Down syndrome with the latest medical advancements.
- The ARC of Lehigh and Northampton County’s- Provide help through the Advocacy Services Program which provides Educational support for those challenged with mental retardation and support for their families.
- Angel 34 - Funding for Camp Flip Flop which brings normalcy & hope to children with cancer and their families.
CARING FOR SENIORS
Providing support for those services that help seniors live independently and with dignity.
The Bill Sugra Memorial Fund is established in memory of Bill Sugra, a truly compassionate, caring and loving young man whose life was tragically taken in the terrorist acts of September 11, 2001 at the World Trade Center in New York City. The purpose of the fund is to encourage, support and assist the needy and disadvantaged to improve their lives during times of difficulty, regardless of geographic location, race, religion or gender.
(The maximum single grant per agency will be no greater than $5,000, and
depending on the number of applicants, many small grants may be awarded.)
Due Date: JULY 1st.
GRANT APP - PDF
GRANT APP - WORD DOC